Real-world scenarios often call on children to respond to challenges. The Stay Safe! program teaches applicable and age-appropriate skills while increasing and reinforcing a youth’s capacity to improve his or her own safety. Whether in their community or on their own, this group will be given better tools to Stay Safe! in a variety of different situations.
- Importance of responsibility and respect while being accountable for yourself
- Importance of setting and following rules around safety when staying on your own
- How to stay safe at home and within the community
- How to prepare, recognize and respond to unexpected situations, (i.e. inclement weather, strangers, unanticipated visits)
First Aid Content:
- Check, Call, Care (includes phoning EMS/911)
- Recovery Position
- Conscious Choking (adult/child/alone)
- Feeling Unwell
- Asthma (includes the use of inhaler and spacer)
- Anaphylaxis (includes the use of EpiPen)
- Insect Stings
- Wound Care (i.e. minor cuts and scrapes, splinters, nosebleeds, bumps and bruises, life-threatening bleeding, burns)
Price: $65.00 plus HST
Prerequisite: Ages 9-13
Material: Stay Home! Workbook
**Please note that due to the current COVID-19 restrictions this course is being held virtually. This means we will split the required duration of the course into two online 'meetings'. Please ensure you have access to a phone, tablet, or computer with a reliable internet connection.**
For more information or to inquire about Private course dates please email email@example.com.
Please include the name and email address of the person that will be attending when purchasing a course.
Upcoming Stay Safe! Courses IN CLASS:
*Please add a note to your order with your child's first and last name that will be attending the course for their certification!*