Dufferin County's Home Alone course!
Location: Mel Lloyd Centre, Shelburne ON
Price: $75.00 plus HST
Prerequisite: 9-13 years old
Real-world scenarios often call on children to respond to challenges. The Stay Safe! program teaches applicable and age-appropriate skills while increasing and reinforcing a youth’s capacity to improve his or her own safety. Whether in their community or on their own, this group will be given better tools to Stay Safe! in a variety of different situations.
- Importance of responsibility and respect while being accountable for yourself
- Importance of setting and following rules around safety when staying on your own
- How to stay safe at home and within the community
- How to prepare, recognize and respond to unexpected situations, (i.e. inclement weather, strangers, unanticipated visits)
First Aid Content:
- Check, Call, Care (includes phoning EMS/911)
- Recovery Position
- Conscious Choking (adult/child/alone)
- Feeling Unwell
- Asthma (includes the use of inhaler and spacer)
- Anaphylaxis (includes the use of EpiPen)
- Insect Stings
- Wound Care (i.e. minor cuts and scrapes, splinters, nosebleeds, bumps and bruises, life-threatening bleeding, burns)
*Please add a note to your order with your child's first and last name that will be attending the course for their certification!*
We thank you for choosing Rural Rescue First Aid Training for your First Aid Training needs. Please note that there is a 20% cancellation fee (plus HST), and a $15 transfer fee (plus HST) for change requests. Due to short notice scheduling demands, no refunds or transfers are provided within 5 business days of class start. No shows are not refunded nor transferred.