When work began on the C-A-T® GEN 7, every element that defines a tourniquet designed for combat use was taken into consideration. The challenge was to find the best, most forward-looking way possible to enhance performance and maximize application success. Leveraging input from after-action reviews, researchers, a material scientists and the end-user, they were able to create the most advanced C-A-T® to date. Every component of the C-A-T® GEN 7 is optimized for performance and reliability.
The C-A-T® GEN 7 has a single routing buckle system that (1) allows for extremely fast application and effective slack removal (2) Simplified training with single protocol directions for all applications.
The patented C-A-T® is a true one-handed tourniquet proven to be 100% effective by the U.S. Army's Institute of Surgical Research.
C-A-T® GEN 7 REQUIREMENTS DRIVEN ENHANCEMENTS & ADVANTAGES:
1 - Single Routing Buckle:
- Faster application and effective slack removal resulting in decreased blood loss and fewer windlass turns to achieve arterial occlusion
- Simplified training with single protocol directions for all applications
2 - Windlass Rod:
- Increased diameter for enhanced strength
- Aggressive ribbing for improved grip
3 - Windlass Clip:
- Bilateral bevelled entry for rapid windlass lock
- Bilateral buttress for added strength
4 - Windlass Strap:
- Sonic welded to clip for constant contact
- Colour changed to Gray for tactical considerations (Black C-A-T Only)
5 - Stabilization Bar:
- Reinforced, bevelled contact bar maintains the plate's integrity and decreases skin pinching;
6 - Free-moving Internal Band:
- Patented band within band
- True evenly distributed circumferential pressure